Friday, December 3, 2010

7 days

For inspiration, I am simultaneously reading Gregory Crouch's Enduring Patagonia and Dave Eggers' The Wild Things. Both excellent, but very different books.

Enduring Patagonia is great because it gets my mind thinking about how we'll deal with all of the unexpected logistical issues we might encounter on Aconcagua (bad weather, etc.) Its also just really thrilling to think about difficult climbing, which gets me pumped up for the Polish Direct.

The Wild Things is simply great fiction. It reminds me of the power of a child's imagination and encourages me to continue to dream big.

As the clock slowly winds down, I am reminded of a saying I used to think was very funny when I was younger:  "Now is the time to shit or get off the pot."

My bags are packed, ready to go. So am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment